Sunday, March 28, 2010

Super Easy Baby Cookies


Don't these look fun! My mom says the green ones look like creepy crawlers. In any event, Ryan likes them and they are healthy!
So I experimented a little to find a good "teething" cookie/cracker. And I found a simple one that is fun too.

*1/2 cup rice flour (I use rice flour b/c it doesn't have gluten.)
*1/2 cup rice cereal (I haven't tried it with home made rice cereal.)
*1/2-3/4 cup puree fruit or veggie
*1 1/2 T. olive oil

Preheat oven to 425. Mix flour, cereal and oil and then add in your fruit/veggie. Now you have two options. Either roll out the dough and cut into shapes like you would cookie dough or you can use a pastry bag and make fun shapes that way. I did both and will both again.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.

*Here I have featured yams (the orange ones), green beans (the green ones) and pears (the white ones). I plan to try bananas, and carrots soon. Hope ya'll enjoy! I know Ryan certainly has.

P.S. Let me know if you try this out and how it goes.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Looks like me and the boys will be making a recipe tonight after gymnastics! Thanks for sharing. I love making my own baby food but never did it occur to me to make my own teething cookies. Are they super messy? Can you use any kind of flour? (quinoa, spelt, amaranth?)
I can't wait to try this!

Christine said...

What a great idea! I'm so going to try this. Abram won't eat "baby food" - weird child. He only wants big person food, but he's still very limited in what he can have since he's just learning how to eat. This will be a good way to use up the rice cereal he won't touch. :)

Listen to Wus Faves


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Credits

All papers and elements are by Summertime designs and can be downloaded for free from her blog.